Daily Investigative Analysis

General observations, and facts that take good amount of my thinking time.

Name:
Location: Mountain View, CA, United States

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Puerile Monk attains Nirvana at 140Kmph.

20/Apr/2005 I had to meet someone very important, the person was ill and needed medicine. So took a bottle of Gelusil and started for Mumbai from Pune at 5:00 reached just at about 6:55. Guess what I drove all the way in my Zen, just got a license some days back. 2 Hours full time radio mirchi, giving useless tips on how to stop people from snoring and help tips on love life.

The stretch from Dehu-road to khandala is amazingly spacious and you can have a good time racing your car to about whatever speed your car can go. I was pretty happy driving in the center lane at 80Kmph, until I saw a silver Skoda zooming pass me, I could not assay its speed at all. At times I am pretty cool, in the sense that I don’t indulge in aping somebody, BUT!!!!!!!! The Skoda just vanished. Radio Mirchi was then airing the song "Fana-from Yuva", then dunno why there was a sudden burst of adrenaline urging me to drive fast, very fast, very very fast, ofcourse only as fast as my car could go :), so i stepped up my accelerator, flashed my indicators & changed the lane, and slowly touched speed at 110Kmph. I had still not steeped the accelerator to the max, but at speed of 110 Kmph the power steering can be tough to handle give that you are just driving inches away from the road divider. But for once at least I wanted to see how far can the car be pushed, so I just kept on accelerating it takes some time to touch 140Kmph, that was it I had just reached 140Kmph a magic figure, I dunno why I felt happy about it - overall it was a dumb activity risking way to many things :). BUT FOR GOD SAKE DO IT ATLEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE you don’t want to die without attaining Nirvana right!! So take the advice from the monk himself. Neways there is no guarantee that if you drive slowly you wont be hit by fate's meteor.

One more thing, the toll plaza is fully computerized, and I am looking for a change, guess what I think I will apply for a position at the toll plaza :). Just out of curiosity I wanted to check what OS were they running and IT WAS >..................................................< WINDOWS, pretty obvious right you wont want these people configuring their X server each time it crashes. So the conclusion is windows suits the toll plaza because it would result in a complete failure if it fails, rather than Linux that will at least drop u in a shell, but what would they do with the shell anyways. Its like a feature targeted at the wrong audience. Ok Ok if you are thinking that I am backing the point Windows is a smart terminal for dumb people, so it is, so what heah !! Hail Windows Neways. Monk once used preaches for Linux until he did convert to Windows for good. "Mamu hawa ke saath ho liye"

I started my return journey at 00:30 and reached Pune back at 3:00 am, it was bore trip back so no blogging about it, full big trucks on the way and traffic jams at the khandala stretch, and I was feeling sleepy.

Overall it was a good learning experience so some tips in case you need them.
1. This is an important one, don’t follow the convoy effect blindly, there are instances where all vehicles do the same thing i.e. change lane for instance, you have to be careful while doing the same because someone behind you may also be trying to the same thing.
2. Don’t try to be extra helpful by changing lane for someone who seems to want to overtake you. If he needs you to move he will ask for it using an upper-dipper or by honking. Bottom line is delay the lane change until it’s absolutely necessary.
3. Use indicator for all lane changes.
4. Center lane 80 Kmph.
5. It’s easier than driving in Pune.
6. Once in the city put off your Formula 1 countenance. (It can be addictive)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amit Mitkar said...

You should have seen the monk gape when he saw Xgl + compiz running on my laptop :D ... neways ... Linux rox.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home