Daily Investigative Analysis

General observations, and facts that take good amount of my thinking time.

Name:
Location: Mountain View, CA, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lucid Nightmares !

THIS IS NOT A INTERVIEW BLOG, THIS IS ABOUT A DREAM ..

Had a interview? Guy had no questions to ask.

Interview
-> I have no question to ask. I will have to make something up.
Me: Ok
-> Do you know which Game is being released today?
Me: “Left 4 dead” – Me thinks its another beat all zombies and be a smart ass - game.
-> Good, lets design some artificial Intelligence (AI) for zombies and human players in the game.
Me: Give beats, more beats and discuss everything from attack strategy to graphics to medical kits in the games.


Ok very nice. I then catch a red-eye flight back to PA. Then I go to sleep ! No surprise ... I have a nightmare with zombies. UnDead people having a good time in my dreams ha ha ha ! nothing new. But … This was different !

The scene:
A zombie bhootni* is sepia video gamish background flies toward me screaming and screeching, The only thing more not sepia in the scence is the yellow puszzz oozing from her face. She starts aiming and closing in towards me.

She comes sufficiently close to me at blazing speed with cinematic screeching sound, revolving vortex motion cameras, and more than 32 of her teeth (quite an average scene for my nightmare u c), but this time I do something different than a usual nightmares. I pause and address the zombie "Hmm ..... There is something wrong – Your AI doesn’t allow you to move that fast". After that the zombie just went away just into the sky POOF - up up and up :( Poor zombie must have thought what a bad night to scare someone. After I woke up, I felt very sad and bad for the zombie as she just wanted to play and I showed her the rule book - bad me.

Personally I am not scared of nightmares with undead people running and shouting all over the place. I have learned how to enjoy the chaos (I just know somehow it not true). I like talking to them for fun, even if this talking is not part of the dream script – I just change it at run time to bring the conversation in. The scariest of them is when undead don't do anything at all - they just lie around.

The SUPER SCARIEST OF THEM ALL IS WHEN YOU SEE YOURSELF - one instance is where I am trying very hard to stop *someone dreaded/sinister/bad* from entering my bedroom/house by pushing the door back really hard. That guy just manages to get in very easily, And guess who is he ? Its me again seeing myself !! Yeah !! Always its me wearing a brown leather jacket, which I swear I never had in my life.

Me thinks that my fear is not related to experiencing something bad/para normal. I get scared because of the loss of control. I am in control of my dream (at least I can wake up screaming). Seeing myself just leads me to the logical questions "Wait a minute, who is that other guy? Isn't he supposed to be me? Who is controlling him? What will he do? Who will stop him? ...." For this conclusion to make sense - the guy I see (that’s me) never presents himself in a docile demeanor. He is always more in control than I am, like he just easily opens the doors and walks in no matter how hard I try to close the door. He stares back at me with such confidence, that I feel WTF is he the real one.

Sometimes I also see 2 same mummy (strange way to put it in words), that also something that scares the shit out of me. Who is my mom ?

In spite of all these nightmare I love my dreamland, just because I am so active in it. I wish I never loose my ability to fly, run, jump like rabbit and see all pink and purple pyramids. Sometimes may be you can hop in, I can show you stuff around in WonderLand!

I read about lucid dreaming when I was in school. Then I decided to try it – its big business and it’s cool. Its easy just get up and start remembering all that you dream about every single day, over time you know all your dreams and develop hunches that semi-consciously will remind you that you are in a dream. Once you know it’s a dream, and then the next step is not to get up ;) its like tristate (just don't get confused). The hunch can be very simple – like in real life I never try to run and then jump like superman, every time I try to do that and I works I am sure it’s a dream. To be honest I cannot fly, but I take big jumps like ninja off the walls. Or many times the dreams have sequences like falling. Have you ever seen your wrist watch in a dream, I haven’t?

P.S I can even orient the earth like (Google earth) in any direction just before sleeping. I also write programs too, and I know how to use MS-Word … If you do what I do, then let me know we can share tips. Try it just don't end up like Nasrudin



Bedar, the Watchman, caught Nasrudin prising open the window of his own bedroom from the outside, in the depths of night.
“What are you doing, Mulla? Locked out?”
“Hush! They say I walk in my sleep. I am trying to surprise myself and find out.”

Nasrudin is a mirror in which you see yourself.

www.lucidity.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home